Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Stand back, I'm getting sentimental

So, Shane and I spent the weekend at the Homestead Resort in Midway, Utah. We went with two wonderful friends, Kathie and Diane. The time together was splendid and the weather could not have been better. Saturday started with a killer breakfast at Ruth's Diner up Emigration Canyon, then on up to the Homestead, spending Saturday afternoon Cross Country skiing at Wasatch Mountain State Park.

Now, considering it's January and the weather has been balls cold but it could not have been a better day. In fact it was a perfect winter day. Clean air, blue skies and warm. We skied in short sleeve shirts and were perfectly comfortable. Later that night we enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Snake Creek Grill in Heber City. I would recommend this place to anyone at any time, it's fantastic!

Sunday morning was almost too perfect. Brunch at the Homestead Resort, a lovely melody from the Baby Grand piano, a real fire roaring in the wood burning fireplace and close to 30 deer outside the picture windows walking in the light falling snow. Really, a storybook setting.

As I took a breather I was thinking of just how blessed Shane and I are. We have wonderful accepting friends and family. We have the luxuries in life to spend a weekend away from home, if only for a night, when so many people just don't have this opportunity in life. We live comfortably and have great jobs. I am blessed to live in the State that I do. Although the air can be toxic it is an amazing state. I am blessed to live in the United States of America. I have traveled throughout Europe and parts of Eastern Europe. We have spent time in Canada and Mexico and can say I love the U.S and the freedoms we have.

We can put gas in our cars and have a nice warm home. We can buy the groceries we need, plus some. All in all we are blessed. I hope that more of us take a second to stop and look around at what you have and feel the same. We truly are very, very lucky.

The end.

1 comment:

Toni said...

Does that post come with a shot of insulin? :)

I promise, maybe next weekend to help you with the blog stuff. Crappy illness!