Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I need to get better at this Blog thing, and post more often.

I must say, I am thankful spring is here and it has been rather pleasant. Nice warm days and cool evenings. I love going outside on our patio at night, listening to the fountain and seeing the bright stars in the night sky. It certainly makes you thankful for so many things that so many take for granted. A backyard, a fountain, eyesight to see the beautiful stars and hearing that can pick up the sound of the fountain and the horses behind the fence.

We are possibly going to the lovely town of Antimony for a day or so over Memorial weekend. This is my Dads hometown and a place I have visited my entire life. It brings positive memories for the most part except for a step aunt from hell and her husband that seems to have misplaced his spine some years back. The only reason why I consider making the 3 hour commute south is because my aunt and the majority of my dad’s family will be staying at the world famous Rockin R Ranch with a promise that no one will be visiting the old family homestead.

I am very much looking forward to Shane’s family vacation in June. The entire family will be renting a large condo in Durango Colorado for several glorious days. It’s always a wonderful time and I look forward to the train ride into Silverton, one of my all time favorite places. I have been all around the globe and find such comfort in the very small but amazing community. It is breathtaking!!

Welcome back to Lorene, I hope you enjoyed your free trip to Hawaii.

2 comments:

Toni said...

Supposed to snow today. :(

Lorene said...

Aw thanks my friend! It was great but I am glad to be home. I missed you!